Are you interested in increasing your AWS skills and using them to contribute to a team that is providing cutting-edge genetic services to customers around the world? Gene By Gene is looking for someone to join our AWS systems team in support of multiple projects and workloads in AWS. The ideal candidate will have a natural curiosity and enthusiasm for AWS technologies, learning, as well as some basic skills with AWS services.
- Work with the AWS team lead in the management, operations, and maintenance of AWS services for multiple teams.
- Assist with incoming requests for technical support and management of AWS resources, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist with planning and migration of on-prem services to AWS
- Manage IAM users, groups, roles, and permissions
- Support applications hosted in AWS, including operating systems, patches, security checks, and maintenance.
- Perform troubleshooting and incident response
- Occasionally assist in the support of on-prem computing systems
- Document standard operating procedures
- A strong interest in AWS technologies
- AWS Services: EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams and end users
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- General understanding of client-server architecture
- General understanding of networking concepts (DNS, subnets, netmasks, firewalls, gateways, etc.)
- Linux: package management, basic command line proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Shell scripting experience (Linux shell, Python, Powershell)
- AWS: CloudFront, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, ECS/EKS, EFS, DynamoDB, Neptune, Direct Connect, Certificate Manager, Key Management Service