We are looking for a passionate Python/C++ Software Engineer to join our Data Pipeline team at Gene By Gene. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be an integral part in engineering and supervising our systems by designing, developing, supporting, and managing software solutions for delivering genetic data to our genealogy and business customers. A background in software development, genetics, and systems analysis will provide a strong basis for success.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by defining the problem, understanding requirements, evaluating proposed solutions, developing solutions, and integrating into existing solutions.
- Algorithm design, development, and optimization for analytical systems.
- Improves operations; recommends changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing/scientific equipment.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing business and technology issues.
- Supervises and coaches employees for optimal team performance and throughput.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related tasks and achieving results.
- Python (at least 2 years)
- C/C++ (at least 2 years)
- SQL (at least 3 years)
- Linux (at least 3 years)