Windows Systems Administrator III
Install and Configure Windows Servers
Provide Technical Support and Guidance
- Install and set up Windows systems and servers.
- Develop servers and provide support to individual users to ensure that the system works reliably and quickly.
- Answer user questions throughout the setup and installation process.
- Build the server’s back-end architecture, including databases and scripts for specific applications and user needs.
- Maintaining appropriate permissions to files shares.
- Setting up and maintaining Active Directory user accounts and access management systems.
Perform System Maintenance
- Provide technical support and guidance to users and other administrators.
- Works closely with IT departments and professionals to answer technical questions or resolve issues with server performance and access.
- Install and maintain Windows-based programs for end users and help debug these applications so that they work with Windows servers.
Monitor System Performance
- Conduct system maintenance activities, usually on the server back end.
- Review error logs and user-reported errors and identify stable and reliable solutions.
- Work directly with the system’s code base to make necessary changes and then deploy those changes throughout the server.
Create System Backups
- Monitor performance to reduce interruptions and server crashes.
- Monitor daily traffic logs and reports working directly with end users.
- Develop and deploy proactive solutions to ensure system usability across the organization.
Maintain System Security
- Perform system backups according to company or industry standards.
- Back up systems weekly, daily, or more frequently depending on server space and a particular business’ needs.
- Ensure that systems can be quickly recovered after a crash or other outage and support data integrity by ensuring that vital information is not lost during an outage.
- Maintain system security by working with a 3rd party security team addressing issues that are brought forward by their security team.
- Ensure a regular patch schedule to mitigate possible security risks.
- Maintain AV system on all servers to ensure proper server functionality while ensuring protection
- Previous experience as a Windows system administrator.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory concepts
- Knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, storage environments, file systems, and network protocols.
- Detailed knowledge of Windows principles, file editing, PowerShell commands, and file manipulation.
- Knowledge of Group Policy deployment
- Familiarity with Windows, UNIX, LINUX, and LINUX shell scripting.
- Knowledge of networking principles including routing, subnets, TCP, IP, VLANs, and UDP.
- Understanding of backup procedures and storage management.
- In-depth knowledge of computer hardware systems including expansion cards, memory modules, and processors.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
If you'd like to apply for this position, please click the Apply Now button below and attach your resume. Cover letter is optional.